Friday, July 20, 2012

Makeup catch-up!

If you've read my blog before, you've probably come across the post Makeup Lockup a time or two. Recently I discovered a link to this post was shared by a dear fellow I have the pleasure of associating with regularly, and I decided the time has come for an update!!
My makeup lockup happened a little over a year ago. Since then, I opened the box once- to put in some makeup I had missed the first time around. And guess what?
I've stuck with it.
I do believe it's one of the best decisions I have ever made. Small confession- I have worn this delightful thing called lip plumper on a few occasions, because it is very fun. (; But there has been no foundation, coverup, blush, eyeshadow.. Just mascara, eyeliner, and (rarely) cinnamon-scented clear gloss. I'm not actually convinced it works, but it makes my lips tingly, so...
In all seriousness, I feel getting rid of my makeup has accomplished what I was hoping of it- and probably a whole lot more. I am much more confident in who I am, and I know that the people who say they like me feel that way because of who I am, not because of a pretty face. It's so much easier to get ready for my day, and I'm not constantly worried about whether a part of my face is melting or not. It's just plain easier. That's right, bold AND italic! That's just how important that word is.
Anyway, I just wanted to catch you up. Thank you for all of your love and support. Feel free to stick around-- maybe I will, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment