Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Screwtape Letters

I'm reading The Screwtape Letters, as my it says right next to my picture(unless you're reading this a long time from now.) Either way, I find it almost ironic.
Right now I am in the process of finding God. For those of you who have not read this book, it's letters from one devil to another, outlining ways to trap his "patient." I find it so interesting to be creating my own salvation whilst reading about the destruction of another's. Many of the ideas of the devil(not Devil) to beat down his patient are things I myself may be struggling with right now. It's quite the fresh perspective, and something to make you think..
As I type, am I frustrating a devil to distraction? Is a soul receiving a serious reprimanding for my successes, because they are his failures? Something to think about, to be sure.
What do you think? Is there suffering, even of a devil, because I am so elated? I encourage you to send me your thoughts- and also to read this book! Lewis is a master creator, thought-provoking and clear. If nothing else, I am enjoying the story. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment